Hello and welcome to my blog!
Who am I?
My name is Jenny Wood. I’m a former teacher and Flexible Learning advisor at Swinburne University TAFE and I’ve moved on to start my own educational consultancy business called ‘Jenny Wood eLearning solutions’. You can find me on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jennywood
I live in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Victoria Australia and although it is a suburban block, I see kangaroos and wallabies outside my family room window on a daily basis and have regular visits from echidnas, snakes :(, koalas and a whole array of birds. So being a country girl by heart, I love it in my little ‘suburban nook’! The echidna in the photo came up 22 stairs to get to our door step one day. He was pretty funny going down again but we didn’t offer to help!
What is this blog about?
This blog is about the possibilities of Flexible Learning in an adult education environment. It will keep readers abreast of techniques and technologies used for educational purposes online. If you are considering online facilitation, design or delivery, it would be good to familiarize yourself with much of the content here.
This blog contains lots of information about Digital stories, Wiki’s, Podcasts as well as the more serious stuff. These will be built up over time so keep checking. I am changing the focus of the blog to a broader perspective and will post tips, ideas and reviews from time to time as well.
Browse through the links and contribute ideas in the ‘comments’ link.
You will find an RSS feed and subscription option at the top of the page if you are keen to keep up with new information.
- Consultant for Educational services and corporate businesses
- eLearning Leader at Swinburne University
- Flexible Learning Advisor at Swinburne University
- Teacher of e-learning units in the Diploma of TAA/VET
- Online project worker at Swinburne University
- Teacher of Certificate 4 in Disability work Swinburne, Box Hill Institute and The Australian Catholic University
- Manager of Educational services for people with a disability, EDAR
- Disability Training instructor (for 25 years)
- ‘Best Practice’ award winner for ‘All about me’ e-communication tool for people with disabilities