What I have learned this week about keeping a ‘better blog’, is that I need to make some big changes! You will see that I now have an RSS feed, took away the page headings and put my name on the blog, amongst other things. I have also made an attempt to explain the blog name to those who don’t work at Swinburne University, to which the blog was originally pitched.
I am going to run a Gunning Fog index on my posts from now on, to make sure that they are written in a reader friendly way. Already this post is rated as 9.5 on the Gunning fog index so I will attempt to adjust what I am writing now and get it down to at least a 9. I think I use too many exclamation marks to succeed in this!
As you can see, I have also linked to my previous post: Gunning Fog index. This is a requirement for todays ’31 days to a better blog’ project. I like that idea because some of my posts are hard to part with! Linking them up into my new ones means they can still be read and used.
Thank you so much to those who completed the survey. It was extremely useful and has given me lots of work to do on my blog to improve it!